Tuesday, April 24, 2007

IN THE MIDDLE AGES THEY COULD CURE CRIPPLES

THIS WAS WEDNESDAY APRIL 18 AND ORIGINALLY WENT TO BLOG HELL

Still, as expected, with the sore shin. But I have gotten the correct pronunciation of glacon (ice) down and do not get those annoying blank stares. But that could also be because I go to the same coffee shops and tip kinda big too. I have been having dinner in the gite to keep from walking to shop...and my paltry dinners will not start (when I get back on the trail, probably alone) until the memories of our earlier feasts fade from my mind.


Weather report is good for the next 4 days so I am getting anxious.I am only 3 days walk from Condom (though I may have to do it in 4 averaging 12 miles a day) which promises to be a tacky postcard paradise.

This is Daniel on one of the fabulous Romanesque capitals in the cloister at Moissac. The cathedral itself is a kind of a mishmash with this incredible late 12th century south door with a wild tympanum and sinuous figures holding it up. I have yet to do mass and vespers and such there but may resort to it soon if my shin does not get better....

No comments: