Tuesday, April 24, 2007

DIVINE INTERVENTION



I finally broke down and asked for help, beings that I am doing this religious thing and all. I was still having some more than annoying right shin pain and calf swelling. So I kind of prayed to Saint Motrin and dosed myself a healthy 800mgs this morning after 2 hours of hiking and boy did that stuff work.

The picture is of me with St Roch, a popular saint on the route. He is the one with the suppurating wound of the right leg that was cured after he walked with his dog as a beggar. He was especially popular in the days of the Plague but could do me no good. Maybe you have to believe or something?

The photo was taken at the gite in Condom. It was in a former wine or armagnac factory--very tastefully renovated and right on a river outside of town. By the way I did find about a dozen postcards, not a total loss.

Walked path made from an abandoned rail line part of afternoon (some film guy renovated this old station for rural retreat) for longest hike in over a week, almost 2. Lots more characters so should have some stories soon.

I don't get this blog stuff. It looks like the old stuff is gone. Uuurgh!

1 comment:

Jorge Haas Filho said...

Hi Dan! If possible, put the name of the city you are or passed by so I can find it in the map.

I am relly glad that you dont have your leg problem anymore. And seems the weather is helpping with sun and high temperatures.

hugs, Jorge (Brazil)